News & Initiatives
One Book One London
We are excited to be partnering with the London Public Library, Western Libraries, and other organizations in London on the city-wide One Book One London initiative from February to October 2017 in celebration of Canada 150. Join in on the fun!
- Borrow a copy of the book (Etta and Otto and Russell and James, by Emma Hooper) from the FIMS Graduate Library service desk;
- Attend the One Book, Many Communities panel on September 21st at 7pm. The event will take place in the FIMS Graduate Library, featuring DeNel Rehberg Sedo, Chatherine Ross, and Sharron Louise Smith.
- Stay tuned for opportunities to receive a free copy of the book to read, love, and pass on;
- Attend upcoming events;
- Join the One Book One London Facebook group;
- Use the #1Book1Ldn hashtag and tag @westernuFIMS in your tweets.
Privacy in the Library
Privacy in the Library is part of our privacy initiative, in alliance with the Library Freedom Project and Tor Project. Our community strongly values privacy and intellectual freedom, which are threatened by surveillance, corporate data mining, censorship regimes, etc. Our goal is to empower members of our community, and in turn, members of their own communities, to protect their right to privacy and free expressions by advocating, implementing, and teaching information privacy tools and techniques.
The Privacy in the Library website is a hub of information regarding our work within the initiative, as well as a collection of resources to help guide people in protecting their information privacy.